Written and compiled by Fred Jaicks.
There are many types of air pollution and it doesn’t all come from cars. It comes from the cars on the street to the lawn mowers in garages to the ships that are sailing on the ocean. Those sources of pollution
are affecting the world in ways most people probably don’t even realize. Air pollution is so bad in some parts of the world that acid rain can eat straight through umbrellas, destroy forests, and harm animals. It’s causing changes in the climate, bringing about the melting of polar ice caps and the drying up of
rivers, putting many animal species at risk of extinction. Even the air inside homes is polluted!
Indoor Air Transportation & Fuels
- Indoor Air Pollution : Discusses the health problems indoor air pollution is known to cause.
- WHO: Talks about how indoor air pollution specifically affects the lungs.
- CDC Page : Discusses how indoor air pollution can ruin someone’s health.
- Indoor Air Pollution Causes : Highlights how fuels affect the air in homes and how it causes health problems.
- Indoor Air Quality Association : Talks about indoor air quality and offers tips on how to keep your home as pollution-free as possible.
- Non-road Vehicles & Equipment
- Clean Diesel Fuel Standards : Lists the EPA fuel standards for non-road vehicles and equipment that operate using diesel fuels.
- Aircraft Pollution : Discusses aircraft pollution.
- Cruise Ship Pollution : Shows how cruise ships cause pollution in the Caribbean.
- Lawn Mower Pollution : Discusses how lawn mowers pollute the air.
- ATV Pollution : Shows how ATVs pollute the air.
- Acid Rain Measurement : Discusses acid rain and details how it is measured.
- Acid Rain Facts : Provides an overview of acid rain.
- Acid Precipitation : Talks about acid precipitation as well.
- Acid Rain Solutions : Offers possible solutions to the acid rain problem.
- Acid Rain’s Effects : Highlights about how acid rain affects forests.
- Acid Rain Makeup : Talks about what chemicals make up acid rain.
- Climate Change: Has information about climate change and why you will need more than a patio umbrella to escape its effects.
- WorldBank Page : Provides more general information about climate change.
- Global Warming : The organization devoted to fighting global warming and helping the planet.
- Effects of Climate Change : Discusses how climate change is affecting the planet.
- Scientific Facts of Global Warming : Lists important facts about global warming, including what causes it and what to expect in the future.
Toxic Air Pollutants
- Toxic Air Pollutants : Generally discusses toxic air pollutants.
- Carbon Monoxide : Shows how carbon monoxide pollutes the air.
- Nitrogen Dioxide : Discusses the pollutant nitrogen dioxide.
- Particulate Matter : Tells about how particle matter pollutes the air.
- Major Air Pollutants : Talks about every kind of air pollutant affecting people today.
- Radioactive pollution : Discusses radioactive pollution.
- Pollution By Radiation : Also talks about radiation pollution.
- Radioactive Power Plants : Talks about the role power plants play in pollution.
- Radioactive Plants : Discusses how power plants can pollute the planet.
- Background Briefing on Radioactive Pollution : Shows how radioactive pollution comes from different sources.