For centuries, herbs have been used for medicinal purposes. Today, different schools of thought continue to debate the safety and effectiveness of various herbal remedies. Utilizing natural herbs remains a popular method of treating both major and minor conditions. When using herbs it is most important to remember not every herb around your patio umbrella is safe. Pay special attention to the appearance of every plant. Learn what each one is and never ingest those which you suspect of being poisonous or otherwise harmful. Here is a listing of some of the most well-known medicinal herbs as well as some of the most common conditions they treat. Below that information, there are a few additional resources at your disposal. Hopefully this page will help you learn to treat your own ailments as well as treat the ailments of the others in your life.
- eMedicinal: A comprehensive page devoted to using herbs for medicinal purposes.
- Poisonous Plants: Discusses herbs and plants. Points out which parts of these plants are poisonous.
- University of Washington Herb Index: Index of medicinal herbs that is searchable by name.
- Herbal Combination Listings: A listing of plant combinations to make a remedy.
- Herbal Recipe Index: Index of recipes divided up by category.
- Types of Herbal Tea: A list of different types of herbal tea.
- Echinacea: Discusses all the known uses of Echinacea.
- Garlic: Highlights the health benefits of garlic.
- Ginseng: A lot of information about ginseng’s uses and benefits.
- Astragalus: Provides information on the astragalus herb.
- Kava Root: Details important facts about the kava root.
- Cinnamon: Discusses the benefits of cinnamon.
- Saw Palmetto: Provides information about the recent research done on this herb.
- Athlete's Foot: Provides a list of medicinal herbs for the treatment of Athlete’s foot.
- Radiation and Chemotherapy: Provides information on the types of herbs that can help people who are undergoing radiation and chemotherapy treatment.
- Indian Natural Herbs to Fight Swine Flu: Describes the use of medicinal herbs to counter Swine Flu.
- Herbs for Depression and Anxiety: Lists a number of herbs that will help with depression.
- Hangovers: Article discusses which herbs to use to alleviate hangovers.
- Weight Loss: Briefly discusses herbs used for weight loss.
- Botanic Gardens: The official OPW links and resources page covering botany and gardens in Ireland.
- Gardino Nursery: Links to gardening websites, especially those about rare and unusual plants.
- Medicinal Herb Links: Provides links to many sites that deal with medicinal herbs.
- Herbal Facts: A list of some of the most common medicinal herbs and their uses.
- Herbal Facts: Important facts about using medicinal herbs.
- Umbrella: Protect and shade your medicinal herbs on days when the sunlight is just too hot.
Written and compiled by John Gates
Sign up for our eNewsetter and get 10% off your next purchase.
We offer the lowest prices and best quality umbrellas around!
- About Just Umbrellas
- Thank you for visting our online store. But Just Umbrellas is more than a website. We have a new store located Yuba City, California. Click here to read more about us.
- What's New
- We are always adding new umbrellas and accessories to our stock. Click here to see the newest additions.
- Specials & Closeouts
- Be sure to check out some of our discontinued products or sale items! Click here for specials.
- Just Umbrellas proudly sells Sunbrella® Umbrella Canvas
- Order by Mail or Fax
- To order by Mail or Fax, please use this provided form.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- If you have any questions about ordering, or any of our products, check out our FAQs.