Safe From The Sun
Those who want to stay safe from the sun and its harmful rays need to educate themselves on the dangers and health risks that too much exposure can cause. Skin cancer is the fastest growing form of cancer in America, with more than 1,000,000 new cases reported each year, so it makes sense to limit exposure to harmful UV rays as much as possible. The website Iowapoison offers information on the damage that the sun can cause, along with tips to avoid problems. To learn more about harmful UV rays, which are ultraviolet radiation, go to Biospherical and NASA. There are many dangers that are associated with too much sun exposure. Not only are frequent sun bathers and tanners more likely to develop skin cancer, there is also the risk of skin damage, cataracts, and even migraines. To learn more, visit Cabanalife. To learn how best to avoid the dangers of sunlight, yet still enjoy the sun’s benefits, read up at Articleclick.
Health problems can develop for those who spend too much time in the sun, the most life-threatening being skin cancer. The websites Skincancer, Medicinenet and National Cancer Institute all give excellent information on the cause, prevention, symptoms and treatment of skin cancer. Other health problems are discussed at EPA, and pictures of sun damaged persons are shown in a slideshow at WebMD .
Luckily, there are ways to avoid sun damage and sunburn. The first is obviously to stay out of the sun as much as possible. However, when you are exposed to sunlight, limit the time you are out, and avoid the hottest times of 10am to 2pm. Always wear a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15, and re-apply as needed. To learn the importance of SPF and how much you need, visit Cancer.org . Sunglasses should be worn at all times to avoid wrinkles of the face, and wide brimmed hats can also keep the sun from hitting the face. Umbrellas can be set up in places where you will be exposed to the sun for long periods, such as at the beach or park. For more information on protecting the skin from sun damage, visit Dermatology, Indobase, and Ehow. Aocd offers many useful tips for staying safe in the sun, as does Murad.
Sign up for our eNewsetter and get 10% off your next purchase.
We offer the lowest prices and best quality umbrellas around!
- About Just Umbrellas
- Thank you for visting our online store. But Just Umbrellas is more than a website. We have a new store located Yuba City, California. Click here to read more about us.
- What's New
- We are always adding new umbrellas and accessories to our stock. Click here to see the newest additions.
- Specials & Closeouts
- Be sure to check out some of our discontinued products or sale items! Click here for specials.
- Just Umbrellas proudly sells Sunbrella® Umbrella Canvas
- Order by Mail or Fax
- To order by Mail or Fax, please use this provided form.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- If you have any questions about ordering, or any of our products, check out our FAQs.