For centuries herbs have been used for medicinal purposes. And while different schools of thought continue to debate the safety and effectiveness of various herbal remedies. Utilizing natural herbs remains a popular method of treating both major and minor conditions. When using herbs it is most important to remember not every herb around your patio umbrella is safe, pay special attention to those which are poisonous or otherwise harmful. Here is a listing of many of the most popular medicinal herbs as well as some of the most common conditions they treat.
- eMedicinal: A comprehensive page devoted to using herbs for medicinal purposes.
- Poisonous Plants: Discusses herbs and plants. Points out which parts of these plants are poisonous.
- University of Washington Herb Index: Index of medicinal herbs that is searchable by name.
- Herbal Combination Listings: A listing of plant combinations to make a remedy.
- Herbal Recipe Index: Index of recipes divided up by category.
- Types of Herbal Tea: A list of different types of herbal tea.
- The Rhubarb Compendium: A lot of information about the rhubarb.
- Echinacea: Discusses all the known uses of Echinacea.
- Ephedrine: Provides useful information on the uses and dangers of ephedrine.
- Garlic: Highlights the health benefits of garlic.
- Ginseng: A lot of information about ginseng’s uses and benefits.
- Astragalus: Provides information on the astragalus herb.
- Kava Root: Details important facts about the kava root.
- Cinnamon: Discusses the benefits of cinnamon.
- Saw Palmetto: Provides information about the recent research done on this herb.
- Venus Fly Trap: Describes the medicinal qualities of the Venus Fly Trap.
- Athlete's Foot: Provides a list of medicinal herbs for the treatment of Athlete’s foot.
- Radiation and Chemotherapy: Provides information on the types of herbs that can help people who are undergoing radiation and chemotherapy treatment.
- Indian Natural Herbs to Fight Swine Flu: Describes the use of medicinal herbs to counter Swine Flu.
- Herbs for Depression and Anxiety: Lists a number of herbs that will help with depression.
- Hangovers: Article discusses which herbs to use to alleviate hangovers.
- Weight Loss: Briefly discusses herbs used for weight loss.
Sign up for our eNewsetter and get 10% off your next purchase.
We offer the lowest prices and best quality umbrellas around!
- About Just Umbrellas
- Thank you for visting our online store. But Just Umbrellas is more than a website. We have a new store located Yuba City, California. Click here to read more about us.
- What's New
- We are always adding new umbrellas and accessories to our stock. Click here to see the newest additions.
- Specials & Closeouts
- Be sure to check out some of our discontinued products or sale items! Click here for specials.
- Just Umbrellas proudly sells Sunbrella® Umbrella Canvas
- Order by Mail or Fax
- To order by Mail or Fax, please use this provided form.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- If you have any questions about ordering, or any of our products, check out our FAQs.